– Photo : Amar Ujala (File photo)
hear the news
CTU now has 80 electric buses in its fleet. All 40 buses have reached Chandigarh under the agreement with Volvo-Eicher. The Transport Department has put most of the buses on the route, while routes have been prepared for some, preparations are being made to put them on the route. These buses are being deployed in villages and colonies to increase connectivity here.
Director of Transport Department Pradyuman Singh said that all 40 e-buses have reached. A plan has been prepared to put all of them on the route. Maximum buses have also started running on the route and the remaining buses will start running on the scheduled route before October 15. He told that the frequency of all the buses on their route will be 20 to 30 minutes. Efforts are being made to connect all the points of the city with the main sectors so that people can easily move and use CTU buses as much as possible.
He said that CTU has also launched a mobile app named Tricity Bus so that people can get information about the routes of buses. Apart from this, they can also track the buses. Explain that the Transport Department has tied up with Volvo-Eicher for 40 e-buses. For this, the company will be paid Rs 44.99 per kilometer. An agreement of Rs 115.44 crore for 10 years has been signed. The first bus for the trial reached Chandigarh on June 28.
After the arrival of electric buses, these routes started from CTU
- New Maloya Colony to Mansa Devi Via Daddumajra Village, CTU Workshop, Sector 25/38, 24/25, PGI, Sector-15 Market, 16 Market, Sector-16/17, ISBT-17, Sector-18 Market 19 Market, 27 Market, 28 Market, CTU Workshop, Railway Station, Railway Crossing, Housing Board, Manimajra.
- New Maloya Colony to Ramdarbar Via Maloya, Sector-38West, Sector-38 Market, 37 Market, Sector-36/37, 41/42, Sector-42 Market, ISBT-43, Sector-43/44, 34/35, Sector -34 Market, 33 Market, 32 Market, 31 Market.
- New Maloya Colony to Ramdarbar Via Maloya, Sector-38West, Sector-38/25, 24/25, Sector-24 Market, Sector-23 Market, Sector-22/23, ISBT-17, Aroma, Sector- 21Market, 20Market, 30 Market, 29 Market, Tribune Chowk, Industrial Area.
- ISBT-43 to Mansa Devi Via Sector-44/51, 45, 46, 47 Market, Ramdarbar, Tribune Chowk, Hallomajra Chowk, Colony No. 4, CTU Workshop, Railway Station, Railway Crossing, Housing Board, Manimajra
- ISBT-43 to Bahlana Via Atawa, Sector-36/35, 23/22, ISBT-17, Aroma, Sector-21 Market, 20 Market, 30 Market, 29 Market, Elante Mall, Hallomajra.
- Maloya to Mansa Devi Via Daddumajra Village, Sector-38West, Sector-38/37, Sector-36 Market, Sector-36/35, 23/22, ISBT-17, Sector-8/18, 7/19, 26/28 , Sector-26 Grain Market, CTU Workshop, Railway Station, Railway Crossing, Housing Board, Manimajra.