This message is on the behalf of the students of CGC, Landran College
Respecting the decision of the college authorities, we understand the need to be present physically for the semester examinations.
However, going through all the guidelines and consulting this further with our parents, we want to put forth that our parents are not very comfortable in signing the consent form because of the following reasons:-
- Commuting to the college in this pandemic seems a little troublesome because many students are out station students. The public transports are not very safe to travel and flights are not affordable to everyone.
- The fear and risk emerging due to this pandemic will increase to multiple folds because we are required to share public resources like mess, washrooms in the hostel.
- I hope you understand how this pandemic has snatched away jobs of many people and thus, managing the extra expense the college has charged on us for the hostel accommodations is a bit difficult now.
- Also, we are required to submit a Covid Negative report. We understand the need for this but the private medical institutions charge a handsome amount for these tests and the civil institutions are overcrowded which makes the procedure of getting tested more challenging.
- As we know that there are many fake reporting centers for covid test, and it is quite easy to get a false negative report . More over if a child gets the infection during traveling but will show negative because covid incubation period is 5-14 days.
If by any chance, the college authorities withdraw the demand of conducting these exams in the physical mode and later on push them towards a particular semester, it would not be possible for each one of us to attempt so many exams simultaneously.
We would be grateful to you if you can look over these issues and help us finding a more suitable approach like online/open book examinations during this pandemic.
We sincerely hope for a positive reply.